As a Kuna Personal Trainer, you have the opportunity to empower clients to become better versions of themselves. At the center of every client relationship is a deep understanding of their obstacles and goals. At Kuna, we strive to be with our clients at every step of their fitness journey.
Personal Trainers will transform clients by creating personalized fitness plans that factor in the lifestyle of their clients. Personal Trainers will be expected to plan, implement, and guide exercise regimens, and motivate clients to succeed in achieving their goals. Trainers will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
As a digital service, you have flexibility in the location you train your clients. During an initial client assessment, you’ll establish an ideal training location. This can include a combination of in-home, outdoors, and private-gyms. If you need access to a private gym, we would be happy to make an introduction to one based on your needs.
Clients will complete a detailed questionnaire that will be provided to the Personal Trainer before conducting your first consultation. During the consultation, PTs are expected to conduct detailed discovery to better learn about where our clients are, and where they’d like to go. By listening to our clients, PTs will create personalized coaching plans, motivate and hold clients accountable through their fitness journey.
We offer vast flexibility in your choice of where to train. We welcome you and your client to identify a location that works best - including but not limited to a park, your/their home, or a private gym. If you need access to a private gym, please let us know! We would be happy to connect you with options that will work best for you and your clients.
You will maintain contact with clients on a weekly basis - 1 text/call/email to discuss daily activity, stress, and successes/ highlights of the week. 1 monthly goal setting phone call / video call to recalculate goals (if needed) and discuss next month's programming.
• Conduct fitness assessments for all new clients by reviewing their abilities, physical condition and overall health, ensuring all fitness plans are suitable.
• Be punctual! You expect your clients to be on time- so lead by example!
• Create personalized fitness plans that assist clients in reaching their fitness goals while remaining suitable to their current physical abilities.
• A passion for fitness and health!
• Upbeat and positive attitude.
• Educate clients on proper techniques and form for all exercises, especially when using more complicated equipment, to minimize the risk of injury.
• Explain exercises in detail and suggest alternatives if needed.
• Monitor client progress and make changes to their individual fitness plans based on any physical changes and increased/decreased fitness levels.
• Enforce and comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations related to COVID-19.
• Ensure a safe and comfortable environment in which clients can exercise.
• Explain safe and proper use of gym equipment.
• Perform emergency first aid when needed, including treating minor injuries.
• Perform CPR and administer first aid in case of emergencies.
• Build a positive and trusting relationship with customers.
• Remain current on certifications and new trends in the industry.
• Remain current on credentials and continuing education credits (CECs)
• Current accredited personal training certification
• 1+ years of Personal Training experience
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Current certificate in CPR/AED and First Aid
• Available to work flexible hours
• Ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class and be able to bend, stand, reach, climb and lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to travel within the city
• Must pass a satisfactory criminal background check
• BS in Kinesiology, Exercise Science or associated field
• 2+ year of Personal Training experience
• A smartphone running iOS or Android operating systems with internet access
You’re human, so we’d like to treat you like one! At Kuna, we offer many benefits that you’d typically only find at a big-box corporate gym. We offer positions for both part and full time.
Flexible work schedule: You set your hours
Continuing Education Academy (*Future offering)
All part-time benefits, plus:
Mental Health, Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
As a growing company, we believe in providing growth opportunities to our team. Our culture encourages team members to be creative, innovative, and take risks. Feel free to share your future goals with your manager, we’d love to be a part of your personal and professional development.
Everybody is welcome at Kuna. With a focus on Equality, we believe in providing opportunity to everyone. We earn the trust of our clients and providers by listening to their needs and adapting to their lifestyles. We are committed to offering a best-in-class experience from our down to earth, supportive team. We believe in: Equality. Trust. Excellence. Humility. Support. Self-esteem.